Look, this is no political blog, and I’d like to think that people of all ideological persuasions are welcome here. But after tonight’s vice presidential debate, I find myself duty-bound to make five points:
1. Why aren’t there ever any debates between party leaders or their deputies in the UK? I’d have paid good money to see John ‘Slugger’ Prescott clash with anybody the Conservatives cared to put up, to be honest.
2. Could the moderator have been any less confrontational? Paxman would have made mincemeat of both of them, especially given that one candidate refused to answer any of the questions put to her.
3. Did Sarah Palin really wink at us, in an almost coquettish fashion? I thought America was looking for a vice president, not a morning TV host…
4. Tina Fey is way too scarily spot on with her Palin impression.
5. If that woman ever becomes vice president of the United States of America, I swear that I’m making immediate plans to leave the country.